Wednesday 29 July 2015

Shaun in the city


Well as some of you might be aware there are currently 70 Shaun the sheep statues in Bristol. There were another 60 I believe in London and in September all 120 of them will be on display in Bristol and then Covent Garden. The Covent Garden dates are the 24th-27th of September. After this the statues will be auctioned off with money going to charity, one being the children's hospital back in Bristol.

Now, I had to go to Bristol recently to attend my graduation ceremony. So yes I am now officially a graduate of Neuroscience from the University of Bristol. Whilst there I stayed in the charming flat of one of my good friends and her boyfriend. However I arrived pretty early and then had to wait around as it was his graduation ceremony that day. To keep myself entertained I decided to see how many of the sheep sculptures I could find. Well in typical Bristol fashion it decided to pour down with rain but that wouldn't deter me.


Above shows a collection of these wonderful quirky statues. My favourite from these is probably the one in the centre at the bottom called Shaun on the cob. I managed to see about 25 of them on my first walk around the city. Now I was carrying my laptop with me as well as pair of shoes and everything I needed for the next couple of days so I was pretty pleased with my success. Along the way I stopped off at a couple of cafes. One that should be noted is Yurt Lush. What a wonderful Bristolian name. It is indeed a yurt and is located pretty close to Temple Meads station. I popped in for a juice and a snack. This turned out to be a salted caramel brownie which was a decent size for the price paid. Prices are what you would generally expect for the location and the city. The Brownie which was home made was delicious and had a nice crisp top as a brownie should. The juice was also very refreshing and service seemed quick and efficient.


The rather nice flowers on the table along with my snacks.

It was a nice stop off to get out of the rain. However I learnt that the syrup tin on the table did have a use which was to catch the drips of water from the roof. I reckon on a good day this wouldn't be a problem at all. I think if I were to be in Bristol again I would visit Yurt Lush.



Well this is my attempt at a more review type blog post, wondering what people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment